Now Foods, Sprouting Jar, 1/2 Gallon
- Date First Available: August 3 2009
Shipping Weight:1.59 kgSwitch to Imperial unitsShipping WeightThe Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
- Product code: NOW-07350
- UPC Code: 733739073501
- Package Quantity: 1 Count
22.4 x 11.2 x 11.2 cm , 0.95 kgSwitch to Imperial units
- With Stainless Steel Screen Top
- For Fresh, Tasty and Healthy Sprouts
1) Place two tablespoons of sprouting seeds or 1/2 cup of legumes/grains in a sprouting jar with three times as much water as seeds. Soak overnight. For many small seeds, five hours of soaking is sufficient.
2) Drain the water from the jar. Rinse seeds in fresh, lukewarm water and drain again. For well drained seeds/spouts, lay jar at an angle in a warm (70ºF), dark place.
3) Rinse and drain seeds twice a day. In hot and dry weather, you may need to rinse the seeds three times a day. In very humid weather, the seeds should be kept in a dry place. Turn jar over gently. Overturning the jar rapidly will cause shifting in the sprouting seeds. This can break the tender shoots and kill the spout. This breakage causes the sprout to spoil. Sprouts should be ready to eat in 3-5 days, depending on the seed used. Put in sunlight during the last day to add chlorophyll.
While iHerb strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by iHerb.